Apart from the general tip that your loyalty app's interface should be user-friendly, here are important features you should consider integrating into your app:
‣ Onboarding: Onboarding should be as smooth as possible. It is good practice to offer several ways your customers can sign in, such as email, social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc.); loyalty ID, etc.
‣ Personal profiles: Your loyalty app should collect information about its users. If a new customer starts to use your app, you need to collect their names, date of birth, and location if you have shops in different cities.
‣ Reward system: If you already have a reward system in your loyalty program, you can just move it to your mobile application and combine it with more digital loyalty program strategies. A reward system should offer many ways to earn rewards. Rewards can include: bonuses; special offers; discounts; personal offers; internal currency (points, coins, gems, stars).
Rewards may be earned by hitting a specified purchase threshold, customers sharing a product on their social media profiles, by leaving a comment under your business posts, by placing an order through your social media accounts, etc.
‣ Push notifications: Push notification is essential. You have to notify your customers about new products/services, new bonuses, and special offers. Timely and interesting push notifications will also help you to retain customers and prompt them to always use their bonuses.
‣ Mobile payments: This goes without saying.
‣ Purchase history: Purchase history is valuable both for you and for your customers. You can see what goods your customers purchase most frequently and make special offers on such goods. Purchase history also helps you promote your goods around the time your customer will most likely purchase them.